Thursday, April 10, 2008

To Do List

I am trying to create a lot of different charts and data sets that will help me keep track of the economy, sentiment, spreads, indicators, etc. etc. Many of the charts are available online (Bloomberg has everything, of course) but I want to track back the charts as far as possible.

On my list so far are:

* Consumer spending
* Industrial Production
* CPI, PPI, and inflation in all of its forms
* Real hourly earnings
* Debt levels
* Debt to earnings levels
* Savings Rates
* Unemployment
* 10-year Swap spread
* Fed Funds/Discount Rate
* Baa corporate spread
* Junk-bond yield spread
* Consumer Confidence Index
* Jumbo mortgage rate minus conventional 30-year mortgage rate
* 3 month TED spread


That's all I can really think of right now. I'm sure I will add many more to my list as I come across them while reading. I certainly have my work cut out for me but I am in no rush. It's a process for the long haul and I hope to keep the data sets in perpetuity.