Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Weekend Linkfest

* Posner and Becker on Intelligence Doping

* S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index Falls Record 10.7% ~~ Interesting point in this article. Lehman predicts another 10% slide in home prices, predicts new home sales bottom in the middle of this year, existing home sales and housing starts bottom in the third quarter

* Peter Bernstein on The Shape of the Future (via John Mauldin) ~~ This is the same Bernstein that wrote Against the Gods

* Some Cruel Context on the US Housing Market - FT Alphaville

* Walmart and Chicago - Chicago Tribune

* Obama and Big Oil - QandO Blog

I am in Chicago for the time being. After a stop at Notre Dame on Monday I should be back Tuesday. Then I'm off to Dallas for 4 days. I should have an update post on my online brokerage situation very soon.